Your wedding day is an event you'll never want to forget. From saying your vows to watching those closest to you share heartfelt stories and well wishes, there are so many amazing moments to treasure. Making sure your day is filled with positives, and not stresses is done by planning ahead, and we are giving you the top insider tips to ensure your day is filled with Ido's instead of don'ts.
- Gondola Shot (photographer in cart before to get bay shot) Correction – Use the Gondola to get that perfect shot of the Georgian Bay and beyond as your back drop - be sure to put your photographer in the carriage after you if going down the hill; and in the carriage before you if going up the hill! Disclaimer don’t forget to ask your wedding planner for tickets!
- Hilltop ceremony means guests get a fun gondola ride. OR? Blue Mountain Resorts Mountain Top Ceremonies can make memorable moments, but our couples reflect upon that moment after the ceremony where for 8 blissful minutes their ride down to the base gives them that first few minutes of peace together as a new married couple.
- Use the different venues as back drops for photo op’s (village plaza, mill pond, hillside, pool side, private beach, and mountain top) and always be sure to think of a rain plan for photos as mother nature isn’t always in our favor!
- Weddings are a time to celebrate. If your guest list keeps expanding, and you don’t want to exclude anyone, you can buy out the village for an incredibly unique experience. A village buy out tends to start around 350 people.
- When we offer you our list of suggested vendors, TAKE IT!! We have spent the time collecting reliable, quality, professionals that know the venue. We have seen first hand how these experts take our clients ideas and transform a bland ballroom into an extravagant wonderland.
- Top areas to invest your budget is the Venue, DJ, Photographer, and Decorator. These vendors can make that image in your mind come to life and take it one step further.
- Meet your photographer at least once in person! This is a person whom will spend more time with you on your wedding day than your own mother – be sure you like them.
- Before you worry about picking a date, look for a venue first – the venue you fall in love with very well might have limited dates available!
- Want to include your dog in the ceremony? Be sure to pick a venue that has an outdoor ceremony site – but do think of the rain plan as not all venues allow animals indoors due to food safety restrictions.
On the big day do your best to remember to savour every moment – the day will come and go quickly but the memories last a life time. We have a beautiful resort that can encompass all of your dreams and more. From the get go we are with you hand in hand, let us be your something Blue.