Billie Bear Lodge Cottage Resort
Billie Bear offers the old-fashioned Muskoka cottage experience - but in a resort setting that lets you be as social or as private as you like. We're all about family and friends - gather on the sundeck, relax on the porch of our historic recreation hall, or enjoy the sights and sounds of nature from your own screened porch. Since 1906, Billie Bear has offered guests a refreshing retreat amid the water, trees, and rock of Muskoka. We continue that tradition of providing modern comfort and convenience in an historically rustic setting. Our 23 cottages - studios and 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms) and our 5-bedroom Lodge are situated on a hillside overlooking 800 feet of shoreline on clear, pristine Bella Lake near Huntsville, Ontario. We offer a child-friendly beach, a variety of complimentary watercraft, nature trails, and casual sports facilities. At Billie Bear, you'll find many treasured elements of years past. Let your experience be part of our rich history!
Our swimming area with sandy beach, children’s roped swim area, diving raft, and sundeck is the focus of Billie Bear’s 800 feet of shoreline on clear, pristine Bella Lake. Sit under the trees or in the sun, swim and play in the water, or explore the lake in one of our watercraft – our kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddle boards, and pedal boats are a complimentary part of your cottage experience.
During July and August, our staff members run daily activities – an hour each morning and afternoon – for kids and families, including water sports and games, crafts, beach volleyball and soccer, races, contents, and scavenger hunts.
Sports at Billie Bear are of the casual, pick-up variety, whether organized by guests or by staff as part of our daily kids’ program. Tennis, badminton, baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, croquet, ball hockey, shuffleboard, and ping pong.
Opportunities for golf and horseback riding are nearby.
- Algonquin Park’s west gate is a half-hour drive from Billie Bear – the park office has information on hiking trails, programs, the visitor’s centre, and Art in the Park.
- Ragged Falls and Oxtongue Rapids trails, between Dwight and Oxtongue Lake, offer hiking along the Oxtongue River.
- Go back in time at the Muskoka Heritage Place and Pioneer Village in Huntsville.
- Explore the craft and art galleries around Huntsville and Dwight – the local Artists of the Limberlost also hold their weekend studio tour in August.
- Visit the picturesque villages of Dwight, Dorset, and Baysville, all a short drive from Billie Bear.
- Enjoy the shops, restaurants, and farmers’ markets in nearby Huntsville.