Briars Resort & Spa
Winter Getaways feature weekend recreation programs that include horse drawn sleigh rides, complimentary hot beverages, bonfires, entertainment guided hikes and ski tours, yoga, Zumba and more. Weekday winter getaways are perfect for a relaxing retreat, a great opportunity to add on some spa treatments and enjoy great food and fantastic hospitality and phenomenal rate!
Summer brings a whole new look outlook as all the outdoor components come to life. Tennis, basketball, volleyball and badminton courts open as soon as the weather turns and comfy cruiser bicycles are available for rent late spring. Our waterfront opens Victoria Day Weekend and hosts a number of silent watercraft for our guests’ use, including kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and paddle boards, and Lady Simcoe cruises begin for another year of water tours.
At The Briars you'll find a world of activities at your door step. Join in with one of our recreational programmes on weekends or through holiday periods (March Break, Summer & Christmas).
The cost of the following activities are included in every package, according to the season:
- 4 Plexipave courts (2 night-lit) for tennis, basketball, ball hockey
- beach volleyball
- badminton, volleyball
- Boating:* pedal boats, canoeing, kayaking, Lady Simcoe cruise
- mountain biking
- horseshoes, croquet, bocce
- swimming (lake or outdoor pools)
- cross-country skiing (groomed trails, rentals available)
- snowshoeing (rentals available)
- skating (pond or Lake Simcoe)
- guided nature/history/energy and nordic poling walks
- horse drawn sleigh rides
- swimming (solarium pool)
- exercise studio
- yoga or Zumba classes
- Saturday evening dinner-dances